Thursday, November 24, 2016

conference happiness:)

October 3, 2016

Hey family!! Conference this week was amazing!:) Definitely a final Christmas on the mission! 
I got the dreaded "My Plan" email this week:( It's a program missionaries do their last 6 weeks in the mission field to think about all the things you learn & how you want to implement them into the next phase of your life. It's scary, but good.

We were able to watch Saturday morning session of conference with Sister Hendricks at Annie's house!! It was really neat because everything we talked about before conference was brought up during the session, even some of the exact scriptures. It was a miracle & she learned so much about repentance & the Book of Mormon. That is really cool Elder Cornish is coming to speak to the stake in Las Vegas because his talk really helped her too!:)
The whole Saturday afternoon session was on missionary work practically- woohoo!!:) haha, Sister Giles & I loved it- especially Elder Oaks talk on missionary work:) We also loved all of the talks on the beauty & reality of repentance. The love of God & of Jesus Christ was a reoccurring theme which we also loved.

We watched Sunday afternoon session with our investigator Jennifer at the James! The James are from Nigeria too, so we had goat meat & skin for dinner. Definitely the first time I had ever had goat skin, haha! & the funniest part is that earlier this week when we had a lesson with Jennifer & her family we walked in on them skinning & cutting up a deer IN THEIR KITCHEN. The smell was something I had never smelled before & the blood was everywhere. The things you see on your mission are great haha. I have gotten to meet so many native Africans on my mission & I love it! I definitely have many places to visit after my mission:)

I was able to get a lot of answers to questions I had through conference. I was so grateful for all the talks on Joseph Smith & the philosophies of men vs truth from God. I am so grateful for the fruits of the Restoration of the gospel which we see every day in the lives of members & investigators. I just know this gospel is true with my whole heart. I love that the inspired words from each session have the power & ability to touch the hearts of everyone who is earnestly seeking God's light & knowledge. The gospel is a beautiful thing. 

We had interviews with President this week which were great. He told me that I was in the home stretch & to think of the goals I set during my mission & how I want to keep progressing in them. We also laughed about bed bugs haha. President Harrast, who is the stake president here in Martinsburg, told me the same things. He said to really pray & look for the miracles because they are really there these final 2 months. I really wish I could describe to you all the joy that I feel getting to share this gospel & the gratitude I have for all the tender mercies from the Lord. I am just so thankful for the Lord's infinite love & mercy. He has definitely carried me through my mission.

I just want to end my email with a part of President Christiansen's email from this week which I loved: 
"As we go about making an inventory of the small and simple choices that are most likely to change our lives, let us be careful to remember to focus outward. If we are selfish about every decision we make, hoping to make our own lives more comfortable or hoping to increase our knowledge or stature only, then we are missing the point of all of this improvement. We cannot be wholly focused upon ourselves and think that we will become the kind of disciples the Lord intends us to become."

I love you guys so much. Have an incredible week & share this beautiful news:) 

Xo, Sister Stolworthy








No comments:

Post a Comment